Are newspapers being slayed by the Internet or committing mass suicide? It’s the latter, according to a recent blog post by Mark Potts (Recovering Journalist). After enumerating a litany of layoffs this week at more than half a dozen newspapers Potts lists the many ways newspaper management have “screwed up” in the last decade or so, leading to the current state of sad affairs. The gist of it? Newspapers let themselves be blindsided by the Web.
- bcmoney — A Brief History of Medicine
- ScribeTribe — Tumblr vs WordPress – Why We Went With…
- The Marching Morons — Tumblr vs WordPress – Why We Went With…
- martin nizny — L. Gordon Crovitz: Publisher of the Wall Street Journal
- Skylights — Kaiser Permanente’s Energy Saving Initiatives
- Judy D'cruz — Leaving a Big Company To Start Your Own