Watch all past Producers Guild of America New Media Council events here.
The PGA East Diversity Committee; Documentary Committee and NMC East celebrate Black History Month with the team behind the groundbreaking Sundance Channel documentary BRICK CITY.
Originally aired in September, 2009 as a five-part documentary series, it examines the city of Newark, New Jersey during a pivotal year in the renaissance mayoral administration of Cory A. Booker, whose 2006 election signaled a new chapter in the city’s fortunes. As the mayor and his allies fight to make the city safer and stronger, the lives of Booker, citizens on the front lines, and key figures re-making the city – from developers to reformed gang members and youth mentors – create a compelling portrait of a critical moment in American urban history.
BRICK CITY (recently nominated for an NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Television Movie, Mini-Series or Dramatic Special) featured a bold new media marketing campaign – spearheaded by Sundance Channel VP Digital Media & Creative Development Jeff Kunken – that created a virtual community around the bold project, which was created and directed by award-winning filmmakers Mark Benjamin and Marc Levin.
- MARK BENJAMIN and MARC LEVIN – Executive Producers/Directors, ‘Brick City’
- JEFF KUNKEN, VP Digital Media & Creative Development, Sundance Channel
- KEITH MCQUIRTER, Co-Producer, ‘Brick City’ (PGA East member)
- DESIREE PETERKIN-BELL, Director of Communications for the City of Newark, Mayor Cory A. Booker
- JOHN STAUB, EVP of Marketing at Cornerstone Media
JENNIE BOURNE, PGA NMC East member